It's that time. We're going to name this column. We'll keep the poll that is below up throughout the week.
If you missed it below, GN noted that Tubby Smith nailed down his second verbal commit for 2009. We'll have more on him later in the week, but for now, read Marcus Fuller of the PiPress who talks with Justin Cobbs' coach, who says Minnesota's new commit excels at distributing the ball.
- Pulling double duty, Fuller also has an update on the football team's beat up O-line.
- The Star Tribune assigned Jim Souhan to Saturday's game. The result was mostly positive. Thanks to STrib editors for keeping the veracity-challenged Reusse away.
- Not everything is rosy in Buckeyesland writes the Associated Press. One example: The mighty Trojans of Troy outgained the over-hyped Buckeyes 315-309. That does not sound like a Big Ten juggernaut to me.
- Jim Tressell isn't overlooking Minnesota. “Looking at their schedule, I thought they’d probably be 4-0 coming in,” Ohio State coach Jim Tressel said. “They’ve been coming along now for the past couple of years and the coaching staff has high expectations. It’s tremendously important, because nothing’s more important than Game 1 of the Big Ten race.”
- Twin Cities Boys Hoops has a Rodney Williams recruiting update here. Nothing too extraordinary. It seems Minnesota is the favorite, but Williams will visit Santa Clara and there is still some concern over ACT scores. TC Boys Hoops had a nice facelift as well. Looks great!