Big weekend in college football...
- Oklahoma vs. Texas
- USC vs. Notre Dame
- Minnesota vs. Penn St
The weekend in South Bend will be a monster recruiting weekend for the Irish. Why do we care about who the Irish are hosting? Well they are set to host one Seantrel Hendreson. So let's hope for crappy weather and a terrible game! Also in Notre Dame news that is semi-related to Minnesota, Michael Floyd is back from his broken collar bone VERY early. He won't be ready to play for a while but he is back practicing with the Irish. He must be a "fast healer" like Daunte was.
- The Times Leader out of Pennsylvania has a nice article on the Gophers trying to regain some respect by putting out a respectable football team.
- Rittenberg has his midseason Big Ten awards race out for our consumption. Obviously Decker is in the mix for offensive player of the year. No mention of Triplett on the defensive side despite some impressive numbers (4th in tackles, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 interceptions and 4 pass breakups).
Black Shoe Diaries interviewed me to get some thoughts on this weekend's tilt in Happy Valley. There should also be a podcast up soon on Blue and White Podcast if you want to hear my lovely voice. And here are my thoughts over at Zombie Nation as well (there are a LOT of PSU blogs out there).
- The Gophers received another OL verbal commitment. Josh Allen is a center ranked as the 11th best center by Rivals. The Texas kid is also ranked the 76th best kid out of Texas by Rivals. JG will be happy to see that no other school actually offered Allen a scholarship but there was some interest by Baylor and K-State. This gives us six commitments along the offensive line, seven when Seantrel commits.
- Everybody's favorite, Myron Medcalf is taking a break from writing Jon Hoese stories to talk a little Gopher basketball. Today he tackles the tough questions surrounding the incoming recruits.
- Ben Ramsden searched the internet to find you some awesome Golden Gopher things to purchase. I actually have the grill topper, it is kind of cool.