Well, now that we are out it seems like everyone is winning in the Metrodome these days. Maybe we should move back? Anybody with me? I know the Iowa fans will be missing those bathroom stalls.
- Hockey is coming up pretty quick and Coming Down the Pipe has their top 10 Hobey Baker Candidates. Minnesota's Jordan Schroeder comes in at #3 on this particular list.
- The Minnesota Daily claims that as long as the football program stays mired in mediocrity, Minnesota remains a hockey state. Personally I don't fully agree. The coverage and the overall excitement of the general population is vastly different between say when the Gopher basketball team makes a Final Four run than it is when Gopher hockey wins a national championship. We are the state of hockey and hockey fans here are incredibly passionate. But my personal opinion is that hockey, even in Minnesota, is a niche sport.
- Sticking with hockey, College Hockey News has the Gophers as their preseason 6th best team in the country.
- The Badgers are a very quiet undefeated football team. The Chicago Tribune takes notice.
Five computers used in the BCS formula collectively rate the Badgers sixth in the nation, according to BCS guru Jerry Palm. And yet the Badgers have not cracked the AP Top 25.This week they travel to Ohio State and we'll get to see the real Badgers.
- UM Hoops is taking a look at the Big Ten and he got some help from Jonathan over at From the Barn as he takes a look at the Gophers.
- Bucky's 5th Qtr takes a look at what the Badgers did to slow down Decker in the second half of the last weekend's game.
- These guys over at Big 10 Football Tour visited TCF Bank Stadium for the Cal game and here is the lengthy recap of their Gopher gameday experience.