Things are looking much better for the Gophers after their NU, but nothing is secure yet so let's keep going with Bubble-oloy
What helped on Thursday
- The Gophers - TCOB, should be in expecially considering other bubble teams lost on Thursday. To fall out now some bigger upsets would have to happen around the country.
Louisville over Providence
- Virginia Tech over Miami
- Xavier over St. Louis
- Arizona State over Arizona. Arizona looks to be NIT bound at this point, they are still holding on but this loss does not help.
Wyoming over New Mexico - Poor Steve Alford's run at an NCAA bid appear to be over.
What hurt on Thursday
- Michigan and Penn State dominating - we won, but so did they and their games were dominating. At least Northwestern is considered a better win than beating Iowa or Indiana.
- San Diego State won another game, they need to lose before they win their conference tourney.
- Baylor over Kansas - this isn't bad (yet), just alarming. Baylor is talented, they just haven't played very well this year. It is teams like this that we cannot have making a run and winning their conference automatic bid. Nice win, but go ahead and lose now.
- Kentucky big over Ole Miss - again, not bad (yet). Kentucky cannot make a big run through the SEC. They'll get in with worse a resume (like a hot chick gettinng hired with less qualifications than the old fat guy, it just is what it is).
Who are we cheering for on Friday?
- Gophers in a major upset! This would guarantee a bid and likely make us a higher seed for our first round game.
- North Carolina over Virginia Tech - Hokies are close and we want all bubble-icious teams to lose.
- LSU over Kentucky - I'm telling you I greatly fear Kentucky winning the SEC tourney. Go Tigers.
- Miss St over S Carolina
- Illinois BIG over Michigan
- Wake Forest over Maryland
- BYU over San Diego State
Have fun today!