A new feature I thought I'd lob out there. Below is a look at what is going on in Gopher athletics this week. I've included all sports, not just the ones we typically cover. Some may find it interesting to keep cursory tabs on the minor sports at the U. The week starts very slow but picks up with Gopher hoops at MSU on Wed, a big weekend series with UND on Fri/Sat and then men's basketball at Indiana on Sunday after the Vikings game. Maybe next week I'll start this with a brief recap of what happened last week.
- nothing scheduled.
- Women's Hockey win an exhibition vs. the US National team.
- Another week and another road game against a Big Ten title contender. Gopher Men's Basketball heads to Michigan State for a 5:30 tip off on the Big Ten Network.
- Gopher women's basketball team hosts Purdue. Both teams currently sit at 3-2 in conference which is tied for second with a couple other teams.
- Men's Hockey hosts North Dakota in what will be a weekend series of redemption for the Gopher pucksters. UND sits 6th in the conference, 5 points ahead of 7th place Minnesota. This one to be broadcast on the Big Ten Network, 7:00 faceoff.
- Gopher Women's hockey heads to Bemidji State.
- Women's Gymnastics head to Lincoln, Nebraska in a three team invitational.
- Game 2 of the NoDak series for Men's Hockey. 7:00 and back on FSN.
- Game 2 of the Bemidji State series for the women.
- Men's Gymnastics heads to Chicago for the Windy City Invitational.
- Men's Swimming and Diving head to Missouri for a dual meet.
- Gopher basketball travels to Indiana in what should be a road W. 3:30 tip off on the Big Ten Network.