Quite a bit below the fold, including talk of Tubby's contract status, the Gophers get a sweep on the ice and more. ...
- Myron Medcalf has UNC coaches Bob Huggins and Roy Williams on the Gophers, a UNC's fan plea for Tubby to move east, and a quick note about Tubby's contract status.
- Gophers sweep Michigan Tech on the ice.
- ESPN's Andy Katz for the College Baksetball Nation blog previews the Minnesota-West Virginia matchup, asks 8 questions about the game and has a video entry to go along with his post. One of Andy's questions is "Who will foul out first? West Virginia’s Deniz Kilicli or Minnesota’s Maurice Walker." Let's hope Andy meant to write Mbakwe in there, as I would hope Mo Walker, despite how well he played against UNC, doesn't see too much time tonight.
- Katz has a post up about Minnesota's win over UNC which includes a video of Katz interviewing Mbakwe. In the video, Mbakwe suggests Devoe Joseph will be back in a couple games. I enjoyed this quote from Katz' piece from UNC's Tyler Zeller: "They are tough,’’ Zeller said. "We had a hard time getting through the screens. It’s effective the way they use everyone. If one [big] gets tired, then the next one comes in and is very talented. It makes it very difficult.’’
- AOL Fanhouse's Jim Henry on Minnesota's resurrection through hard times.
- Marcus Fuller looks forward to tonight's game against the Mountaineers, talks RPI and quotes Joel Maturi on the big win over UNC.
- Bucky was dumped by UNLV's Running Rebels last night. I believe that was just the Big Ten's third loss so far this season. And kudos to Iowa for upsetting Alabama last night.
- Rush the Court has a preview of tonight's Puerto Rico Tip-Off Championship game, among other previews of today's action in college hoops. Here's a taste: "Minnesota holds a big advantage inside against West Virginia and that should be the difference. Blake Hoffarber can match Mitchell on the wing and the point guard matchup is fairly even as well. Look for the Gophers to pound it down low early on in hopes of getting Kilicli in foul trouble and forcing Huggins to move smaller players into the post to defend. We wouldn’t be surprised if WVU won, but Minnesota is on fire now and should keep rolling against the Mountaineers."