Congratulations to Blake Hoffarber for scoring his 1,000th point last night against the Zips of Akron.
The Gophers struggled early but eventually got things going and beat Akron 58-66 holding the Zips to under 35% shooting. This one should have been a much larger margin of victory but cold shooting to start the game (4/19) and terrible free throw shooting (12/22) kept this one closer than it should have been.
- MN Daily takes a look at the team's free throw shooting woes. Currently we are 10th in the Big Ten just one spot ahead of Iowa.
- The Daily also recaps the Akron game.
- MarQueis Gray is getting a root canal. Good luck.
- Our new coordinators' salaries have been released.
- Jerry Kill got his first recruiting commit. Foster Bush is a former NIU offensive line commit. FBT gives a bit more information. Bush is the #9 recruit out of the state of Wisconsin and according to rivals a 3-star recruit.
- Jared Allen visited Gopher wrestling practice.