Unfortunately the future series that was planned with Texas has been canceled due to the two side's inability to come to an agreement on the video rights.
"We are extremely disappointed that the series with Texas will not take place," said Minnesota Director of Athletics Joel Maturi. "Our institution, student-athletes and fans were very excited about having a nationally respected program like Texas on our schedule. However there are complex rights issues in play that are beyond our control. It's unfortunate that a mutually acceptable resolution could not be found that would have allowed the games to be played."
With two future openings now on its schedule, Maturi said Minnesota will look to immediately fill those slots with another quality non-conference opponent, preferably from a BCS conference.
Maturi also says they'll try to fill the open spots in the 2015 and 2016 schedule with another "quality opponent."
- Gopher Hockey lost Nick Leddy to the Chicago Blackhawks. Leddy was supposed to be a sophomore defenseman for the Gophers this winter but instead he is going to the NHL.
- Doogie previews the QBs and has an interview with Weber.
- This is kind of a cool story. Maurice Clarett is taking classes at Ohio State. After spending the last few years in jail it is impressive that he appears to be trying to put his life back together.
- I know that many of us are Vikings fans as well and we should all be happy to see that Peter King has picked the Packers to be the NFC representative in the Super Bowl. His last three NFC champ picks have all failed to make the playoffs!
- GopherSports.com has a Q & A with Eric Decker.
- Another Q&A, this one with former Ms Hockey, Renee Curtin. She was never actually a Gopher as she was injured in high school. But it is an interesting Q&A anyway.
- Roman takes an early look a the Gopher lines for this year.