These are the days that NFL teams are trimming down their rosters. Lee Campbell was cut by the Lions and Simoni Lawrence was cut by the Eagles. I have not found if they've been picked up by anybody else but with further roster cuts looming I doubt they'll be picked up at this point.
By my records here are five remaining 2009 Gophers who are still hanging on with NFL teams.
- Eric Decker - Denver - as a 3rd round pick he will not be cut.
- Garrett Brown - Kansas City - has a shot to make the team, maybe on practice squad
- Traye Simmons - San Diego - who knows
- Nate Triplett - Minnesota - was drafted so one would think he has a shot
- Marcus Sherels - Minnesota - I'd be shocked but there have been reports that he's played well in camp
.I feel like I'm missing somebody but that's all I could find right now. I know that Stommes was signed by the Jets this spring but he was also cut this spring and to best of my knowledge he is not currently on a roster.
Good luck to these guys.