I have some good news and I have some bad news. The bad news is that the Gophers blew an opportunity to be the toast of the town. USC made mistake after mistake and we were actually in place to win the game in the 3rd quarter. But we lost. The good news is that since the Vikings lost, the Twins are about to win the division and the Wild are starting up; nobody will be talking about the Gophers today.
On to the Nugz...
- Marcus recaps the game.
- Tom Powers was at the game on Saturday and he thought the Gophers really stood up to USC. But the fact is that it was a decent football game for three quarters. Gopher fans must decide whether the glass is three quarters empty or one quarter full. Usually, I think that anyone who deals in moral victories is full of beans. The best way to put what happened Saturday is: It could have been much worse.
Phil Miller's recap of Saturday's game.
- Phil's column after speaking with Brewster on Sunday. Surprisingly Brewster sees the glass as half full. "Was there anybody who thought we would be ahead in the third quarter yesterday? Nobody. Period," Brewster said of Minnesota's blink-and-you'll-miss-it 14-13 lead,"
- Gopher Volleyball lost to #23 San Diego 2-3 after taking an early 2-0 lead.
- Nadir Tharpe visited, the four-star PG had a great visit with Tubby. No decision has been made but the Gophers are his leader (for now). "Right now Minnesota is definitely top on my list!," said Tharpe. "And I will compare Minnesota to my other options. I am waiting until the spring to make my decision."
LATE MORNING ADDITIONS
- Duane Bennett's ankle is not 100%
- SBN MInnesota's Ted Glover took in his first Gopher football game at The Bank. He believes the U has all the tools necessary to take off. It's just time to release the Kraken.
71 fans ejected at the Badger / Arizona St football game in Madison on Saturday. Shockingly, alcohol was a factor.
- Iowa lost, can we get some enjoyment out of Saturday?