The Blackshirts are coming to town, but they will be without their all-american candidate defensive tackle, Jared Crick. I'm sure the Gopher interior line is breathing a sigh of relief.
- Nebraska ABC TV tells us how the skers are preparing for the mighty Gophers.
- Big Ten Powerhouse has a Gopher basketball preview (this one even quotes Charles Dickens).
SBN Minnesota also has a nice Gopher basketball preview. My series of Gopher previews are coming.
- 1500ESPN reports that Rodney Williams is "stronger" and he has worked on his shooting mechanic.
Part of his summer workouts was spent at the Lebron James Skill Academy in July, along with teammate Trevor Mbakwe. Instructors at the camp worked with Williams to dramatically restructure his shot, which he admitted is not fully refined yet.
- Gopher Women's basketball lost freshman Kayla Hirt for the season to an ACL tear. Unfortunately this is Hirt's second ACL tear as she tore the one in the other knee as a senior in high school. The 6'2" true freshman is listed as a G/F and was listed as a top 100 player according to ESPN. Tough situation for Kayla and a bad loss for Pam Borton's Gophers.
- Gopher Hockey jumped up to #10 in the new hockey rankings.