Well that weekend didn't suck. Gopher football looked like a Big Ten football team and Gopher hockey rolled over the Fighting Sioux.
Not surprisingly there are a LOT of MarQueis Gray centric articles and a lot of Gopher hockey ones too.
- Gray is making tremendous strides as a QB. It is like a switch was flipped and he is seeing things a little differently. He'll still make mistakes, he isn't Cam Newton, but he has been much better in the last two weeks.
- Gray's improved play is making the Gopher's look like a new team.
- Michael Rosenberg of The Detroit Free Press is giving Gray a lot of credit for the Gopher offense moving the ball and scoring on a very good Spartan defense.
- The Green Bay Press Gazette profiles Gopher back-up kicker and last week's Big Ten Special Team's Player of the Week (bet I never type that again), Jordan Wettstein.
- College Hockey News thought this was an eventful weekend at Mariucci. It is pretty sweet to see Mariucci back along with Gopher Hockey. I am not a hockey guy but I was watching the third period of the Saturday's game, getting strange looks from my wife as I was getting excited over a hockey game.
- Holy Rau! Is a great headline at SB Nation Minnesota in their recap of the 3-2 win over UND for a series sweep.
- Could the last two Minnesota Mr. Hockey winners both be 30 goal scorers for the Gophers this year?
- Tom Powers is predicting Gopher basketball will run, run, run this year.
- Amelia is calling for the sophomores to take that next step and contribute more this year.
- Speaking of Gopher Hoops, they have their final exhibition game tonight against Augustana. Game is not televised but it will replay on BTN at 8:00 AM on Wednesday morning.
- Happy 8th Birthday to SB Nation. It all started with Athletics Nation eight years ago and has grown into an outstanding network of some of the best blogs for fans on the interwebz.
I'll end today's Nugz with this video recap of the Gopher series sweep!