The regular season is over for Men's Hockey and Basketball. Both teams finished out their regular seasons is very different ways but both are fighting for NCAA playoffs through their conference tourney.
Hoops is the #9 seed and will face Northwestern for the third time this year.
Hockey is hosting Alaska-Anchorage in a three-game set in the first round of the WCHA playoffs.
More to follow this week on both teams and their chances of advancing.
- Gopher baseball went to Arizona for the DQ Classic. The Gophers lost to South Alabama, had a great pitching performance in a nice win over Washington State and then were beat up by Oklahoma State to finish 1-2 in the Classic. The Cowboys of OK St were the DQ Classic Champs.
- Former Gopher great, Mychal Thompson has a son at Washington State. Klay was busted for marijuana possession and Mychal didn't mince words when reacting to his son's indiscretion. I'm not surprised by a father's harsh words to his son but I am surprised that he shared it with the media.
- Wrestling finished third in the Big Tens.
- Ohio State put an exclamation point on their Big Ten title season with a monkey-stomping of Wisconsin. This uncompetitive game saw the Buckeye's nail 14/15 threes, an NCAA record. Bucky's 5th Quarter provides a great alliteration and recap.
Non Gopher Sports but still Minnesota news...
- SBN Minnesota has their first NFL mock draft of the year.
- Twinkie Town scored and interview with the newest Twin, Tsuyoshi Nishioka. Bet you guys didn't know the boys at Twinkie Town knew Japanese.