Myron had a sit-down with Tubby Smith and they talked about last season. He asks the right questions and Smith is pretty candid in his answers, particularly when talking about some of those who transferred out.
We were pretty good with or without Devoe Joseph. And we'll be good without him again. That's life. So I appreciate that when they come in, and I tell them that when I recruit them. Hey, we want you here. We're recruiting you because we have a need for you. There's going to be ups and downs, there's going to be highs and lows. There's going to be guys that fight through it and guys that can't. That's how I look at it.
I totally agree with that sentiment. Guys who don't want to be here and guys who are expecting things to be handed to them should not be here.
Tubby tried to take responsibility for some things last year but then shifted the blame, like he does. But he did offer a suggestion that in retrospect he thinks they maybe should have gone with a smaller lineup rather than big. The early Northwestern win gave them some false confidence.
I'm sure there's something we could've done differently. And I'm sure a lot of people had a lot of answers when it was over with. Hindsight is always better, hindsight is 20/20. You can see it in a different perspective. Looking back on it, I probably should've played smaller, even though we went bigger and we did score and we won a couple of games with a big lineup.
There is plenty more worth reading at a time when there is very little to read about the Gophers.
- Marcus talked with Tubby about Chip Armelin and next year's backcourt. Armelin will not be playing football and there will be a lot of competition for minutes next year.
- Phil Miller tells us about the exploits of D.L. Wilhite and Brandon Kirksey's spring break trip. It might not be what you are expecting.
- Dan Orseske is trying not to listen to the critics and Jerry kill isn't happy with the Gopher's punting game.
- Trey Davis is done playing football but he is still participating in Track and Field. And doing well.
- The Minnesota Swarm (the local National Lacrosse League team) is a lot of fun to watch and they are making the playoffs. Tom Powers gives us a look at the team and the league, and takes a few shots at the Wolves.
- Gopher Baseball is struggling. The Big Ten's preseason favorites are now 3-6 in conference after just losing two of three from Northwestern and dropping a game to DIII, St. Thomas in between.