The Spring Game is in the books and there is plenty of review out there. I am really bummed that I was never able to make it even to one practice over the last few weeks. Too much work and family stuff going on, I envy those newspaper guys (sometimes).
But here are the relevant recaps of the spring game...
- Phil Miller profiles MarQueis Gray and his growth this spring. It is less about his skills and more about his maturing into a leader of the offense.
- Marcus Fuller states that Gray is the #1 guy, for now, but he still has a ways to go on the field.
- The Minnesota Daily also wrote about Gray. Is there any doubt that this is the most anticipated player on the Gopher roster? In the picture on this this story, somebody should tell Gray that he's running the wrong way!
- Pioneer Press notes from the scrimmage on Duane Bennett being the starter, Chris Hawthorn's leg and the surprise play from Moses Alipate.
- Gridiron Gold, Miller's notes from the scrimmage that wrapped up spring practice.
- GopherSports.com has some spring game highlight video.
- Finally, Fuller took a shot at the Gopher Football depth chart post spring practices and pre spring game.
- Gopher Baseball finally got a sweep over the formerly 6-3 Indiana Hoosiers and it was on the road too. The three game sweep moved Minnesota back into within one game of the conference lead, which is amazing considering how this season has gone so far. The Gopher pitching staff allowed a total of 5 runs over three games winning 3-2, 12-1 and 5-2. A.J. Petterson had a nice weekend going 7/15 with 3 RBIs and 5 runs scored. A couple midweek games against the South Dakota schools and then a home series against last place, Iowa.