Tubby Smith released a statement yesterday.
Amid speculation I want to make it aware that I did in fact undergo a procedure on April 21 at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester," said Golden Gopher Head Basketball Coach Tubby Smith. "During my regular physical last spring it was discovered that my prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels were high. A biopsy was done and it was discovered that I had early stages of prostate cancer. I am happy to say that the cancer was contained and removed and I am now cancer free and feeling great."
I want to thank Dr. Gettman and Dr. Litin at the Mayo clinic for everything they have done for me," added Smith. "I am a proponent of regular prostate examines and hope that men, especially African-American men, continue to have regular checkups. Again, I am feeling great and can’t wait for the upcoming season.
Good to hear that Coach is cancer free. That is a very personal situation that is obviously scary.
- Myron covers the story.
- Marcus also covers the story.
- Gopher Football's opener at USC has the details set. The game will kick off at 2:30 central and will be aired on ABC.
- The Big Ten Outdoor Track and Field Championships are this weekend down in Iowa. Both the men and the women are going down with a shot at winning the conference title.
- Gopher Football webisode 8.
- Xavier's head coach, Chris Mack has been offered a contract extension. I wonder what Jim Souhan thinks of Whiny McBaldwimp getting this extension.