This isn't Gopher related but it is interesting.
Indiana coach, Kevin Wilson got into a spat on Indianapolis radio recently.
Wilson, who has yet to coach his first game in Bloomington, appeared on the Zakk and Jack Show, hosted by Dominic Zaccagnini and former Illinois and Indianapolis Colt quarterback Jack Trudeau. Listen to the interview by clicking here.
Trudeau clowned before introducing Wilson, saying he didn't hear the Indiana fight song much when he played at Illinois because, "I don't remember them even scoring on us."
That set Wilson off.
"I remember putting 61 up on the Illini a few years back when I was at Northwestern and they kind of stunk it up, too. But anyway, I've got some things to do guys, what do you guys need?" he asked.
Sounds like Indianapolis radio likes to take cheap shots like Minneapolis/St. Paul radio.
- If you missed Jim Souhan's article on Sunday about Brendan Beal, you should read it. .
- The LA Times predicts we finish 6th in the Legends Division, but they are giving us 2 Big Ten wins, 5 overall. I think those are reasonable numbers.
- ESPN's Gare Joyce is leaving the network and their hockey coverage. One of his top memories on the job is watching Nick Bjugstad be a man amongst boys in the Minnesota State Hockey Tournament.
- Former Gopher assistant coach, John Butler is now at South Carolina.
- If you want to watch Trevor Mbakwe and the USA WUG's team, you can watch them live HERE.
- Lastly, read this entry from Andy Sealy on the Gopher Camp Blog about how they took the team picture this year.