Nugz, Nugz, Nugz.
Charles Hallman takes a look at the DeLaSalle internship for several of your Golden Gophers this summer. MarQueis Gray and Christyn Lewis spent a lot of time with the kids and several others would also come out for the summer Leadership Academy.
"I thought I would never learn from young kids, but they look at things from a whole different perspective. A lot of them ask me how I got here, and the trials and tribulations that I went through to get here.
"They basically want to know what they need to do to somehow get to the level I am at," says Lewis. "Some of them want to go to college."
Sounds like it was a good experience for all parties.
- The Daily Iowan takes a look at the rebuilding project Kill has in front of him.
- AthlonSports ranks the top 40 players in the Big Ten and then lists several more names that just missed the cut. A Golden Gopher is nowhere to be found.
- They do, however, rank MarQueis Gray as one of the Big Ten's potential breakout players.
- The Ritchfield paper has a Q&A with former Holy Angels star, Sahr Ngekia.
- The SportsBank ranks the 2011 college basketball field. They have the Gophers as #80! Obviously I am a homer and think more of my favorite hoops team than the rest of the country might, but that is WAY too low.
- Speaking of basketball, USC is possibly losing one of their best players.
- Jerry Kill was asked about the temptations his players face and what a challenge it is to keep tabs on them 24/7.
- FoxSportsNorth takes a look at McKnight and the Gopher receivers.
- Last link...The LA Times previews the Golden Gophers.