Hard to believe but it is game week already. Saturday, at 2:30 the Gophers will be kicking off the Jerry Kill era at USC!
SBN Minnesota has a little bit on the Opening of the Kill Era.
I'm not saying that the Gophers are going to beat USC 66-0. I don't see them beating USC at all--but the days of embarrassing losses with the coach standing on the sidelines staring at the scoreboard with no clue as to what he should do next are over and done with.
66-0 is ridiculous, I'm sure USC will score a couple FGs.
- This Burnt Orange Nation feature is kind of sweet. One of their writers is going to do a High School football weekly called "Under the Lights." Looks awesome and there may be an updated on Lewisville where two Gopher commits are currently finishing out their high school career.
- Dan Monson and Kris Humphries are back on good terms. Kind of a cool blurb showing that Humphries has matured a bit since his college days.
- Indy Star has a Purdue recruiting update. Looks like Matt Painter is also after big man AJ Hammons. I'd love to see this Indiana kid end up a Gopher.
- Interesting post from Nation of Blue wondering what would Tubby's legacy at Kentucky be if he were white?
- LA Times says the Trojans are ready to get back into the season.
- St. Louis Today has a nice feature on Jerry Kill bringing it old-school to Minnesota.
- You may have already read the Star Tribune feature on Ra'Shede Hageman.
- ESPN1500's Nate Sandell asks three questions heading into the Gopher's season?