The bad news is that the summer is flying by. The good news is that it is football season.
The biggest news of the day from day 1 might be the news that Brooks Michel will not be playing this season and his career may be over due to concussion issues. According to ESPN1500 he has been granted a medical redshirt and will remain on scholarship for the year. That is frightening information and I hope he gets his head cleared up.
I don't know that I have ever had so many links worth linking in one day so here we go...
- Coach Kill opened camp by telling us that nobody is entitled to anything. I like this guy.
- Bob Sansevere has questions, Duane Bennett has answers.
- There is an interesting article in SI about MarQueis Gray.
- More about Gray from the Star Tribune. Three things from the Pioneer Press.
- Phil Miller thinks the Gophers have an entirely "new" feel to them. His blog notes also tells of the likely trio of quarterbacks vying for playing time.
- Yesterday Miller gave his 5 things to watch heading into practice and coincidentally so did Marcus Fuller.
- The Pioneer Press has a Q&A with Tracy Claeys, there is some really interesting stuff in here!
- The Only Colors, a Michigan State blog, takes a look at the Spartan's potential trap game. This might be the first instance of someone outside of Minnesota giving us any respect at all.
- Brady Hoke only found 15 things he didn't like from Michigan's first day of practice.
- How about a Big Ten basketball preview? And along those same lines, Purdue forward Robbie Hummel has been cleared to play.
- Iowa State is really excited about Royce White. I was too until he stole laptops and stuff.
- And Gopher basketball has offered Wisconsin shooter, Wally Ellenson.