Gophers advance in the NIT! A nice game by Rodney who matched a career high with 21 points.
You may recall my keys to a Gopher victory were to dominate rebounding, dominate the paint and get to their shooters (in that order). Well we out-rebounded them by 10, we scored 32 points in the paint and a team that averages 19 threes attempted per game only took 10 last night. I'm not sure if that was because of our aggressive defense to their shooters or if their game plan was to get to the rim.
Good road win for the young Gophers who now get to travel to Miami for a game on Monday with the Hurricanes.
- 1500ESPN recaps the Gopher win.
- Pioneer Press profile on Nate Schmidt.
- Nick Bjugstad has been named as one of USCHO's 10 finalists for the Hobey Baker award, actual finalists to be named later.
- New York Times Slapshot Blog looks at the Gophers season thus far.
- Gopher Baseball dropped two games to Kansas State.