I wasn't at my computer yesterday, did anything happen? Probably a slow news day for Gopher sports, maybe today will be more exciting.
- Phil Miller recaps Coach Kill's press conference yesterday, with video. More on this debacle from Miller.
- Chip Scoggins examines what is often a strained player/coach relationship. He is absolutely right that nobody wins in situations like this.
- The Pioneer Press looks at who is winning the online court of public opinion. Thank GOD that Chris Kluwe is weighing in on this topic.
- Tom Powers looks at this very messy situation.
- This Yahoo Sports piece talks about Maryland joining the Big Ten. That isn't really news, but I really thought the headline was unfair. "Maryland Chooses Big Ten money over ACC tradition." The Big Ten has it's fair share of tradition in both basketball AND football. I'm sure the intent was to point out how Maryland was a charter member of the ACC, but I took offense.
- St. John's legendary coach, John Gagliardi is retiring. I attended an MIAC school and coached basketball in the league for 7 years and I don't exactly have a warm place in my heart for the Johnnies. But Gagliardi is a legend and an icon, he made a permanent and impressive mark on DIII Football. Congrats on a great career.
- A very well done and interesting look into the Long Beach State program leading up to their game against North Carolina. You may recall that Dan Monson now heads up the Beach program.
- Gopher Hoops is still not ranked, but they are getting really close.
- Finally, a local article on Alex Foster and his journey from being a consensus top 25 player nationally to fringe 100 ranked player. The article also outlines his journey to DeLaSalle high school and now to Seton. Part of why he switched programs was because he felt he wasn't improving and getting adequately prepared for college basketball. This kid is going to be good for us.