USA TODAY Sports
Tomorrow is 12-12-12, the last day where day-month-year will be the same in our lifetime. So very exciting and I plan to celebrate the day celebrating another win for Gopher basketball.
Lots of good stuff out there for Gopher related news out there from the usual sources.
- The MN Daily profiles Andre Hollins. If you only read one article today, it should be this one. Hollins was all set to commit to Stanford when they filled up their last scholarship. Dre then had to choose between Minnesota and Harvard.
- Star Tribune article on Maverick Ahanmisi and the confidence that Tubby Smith has in his junior point guard.
- Marcus profiles Rodney Williams and his comfort at the power forward position.
- Chip Scoggins profiles Rob Carey, the interim head coach at Northern Illinois. Carey is a Wayzata graduate who began the season as a MAC level offensive line coach and is now set to be the guy calling the shots in the Orange Bowl.
- MN Daily also looks at the Eden Prairie pipeline to Gopher athletics. There aren't too many basketball or football former Eagles but the non-revenue sports are loaded with them.
- Charlie Walters looks at the history of Tubby's mustache.
- It is possible that somebody else posted this one a few days ago but I wanted to post it again. Max Shortell's dad talks about the decision to transfer and goes out of his way to state that they were happy with the Gopher program. "Coach (Jerry) Kill is a great guy, and he was always very supportive of Max," Shortell said. '"He tried to talk Max out of transferring. I know Max really wishes it had worked out there."
- Gopher basketball commit, Alvin Ellis is having a very good senior season.