Greg Smith-US PRESSWIRE
Watching Wolters play, it looks as if he could take it or leave it. His low-key, almost expressionless demeanor on the court makes it seem as if all of his success is only a happy accident. But inside the quiet exterior, Wolters' passion and commitment burn bright, qualities that those who know him can't help but admire.
"I don't like when people are better than me," Wolters said. "I'm a pretty laid-back person off the court, but on the court I wouldn't say I am at all."
Wolters is projecting to be an NBA draft pick and if SDSU is able to pull off the upset, it will be because of him.
- Dallas News has Five Thoughts on the Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas.
- Gopher Hockey! Western College Hockey Blog looks at Minnesota's commitment from Tommy Vanelli.
- GopherSports.com has a Q&A with Nate Condon.
- In case you were not aware, Gopher Volleyball has advanced to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament. Interesting that 6 teams in the Sweet 16 are Big Ten schools. They will face Purdue, who they defeated in four sets earlier in the season.
- The Dagger looks at five teams who have exceeded expectations in the early hoops season. Minnesota was not one of them, but they did receive mention as one they considered.
- High School hoops is tipping off now too. Everybody is talking about Tyus Jones, people need to remember that there are a number of other very good basketball players in the metro. Rashad Vaugn, Quinten Hooker, Reid Travis, Jarvis Johnson, Ian Theisen, Graham Woodward and several others.
- Star Trib looks at 5 big questions heading into the boys season.
- MGO Blog gives a well thought out plan for Big Ten division realignment. In this scenario we lose the Little Brown jug on an annual basis unless the Big Ten expands to a 9-game schedule. But we keep everything else and I think we could all be OK with losing that trophy on an annual basis.