OMG it is Friday the 13th! Sorry for the incredibly light week of posting but it is what it is. There are a lot of Gopher links worth checking out so here I go...
- Eric Decker loves having Peyton Manning throwing him the ball. Duh.
- MN Daily has a good article on the cost of scheduling guarantee games for hoops. Coach Esposito is our scheduling guy and he talks about the challenges of scheduling. Interesting article.
- Hammer and Rails has their way too early Big Ten basketball predictions, I don't like them.
- Andy Katz has his way too early Top 25, I like this better.
- Apparently Torii Hunter has a son who is pretty good at football and baseball. Really there are three Hunters who are all seniors (not sure, but I'm guessing some are sons by marriage), all are getting looks for D1 football. Coach Kill and Coach Anderson should get on a plane to Texas and get Torii Hunter Jr!
- Speaking of Coach John Anderson, he recently signed a 5-year contract extension. Good for him.
- Gopher baseball hosts Northwestern this weekend and they need to rack up some wins here pretty quickly. It might be a cold and rainy weekend so head over to the Dome and watch some college baseball.
- Gopher Volleyball added five to the roster including a couple transfers.
- Kyle Rau is looking to build on his great freshman season. And Erik Haula has quietly become one of the Gopher's best players in the shadow of Bjugstad and Rau.
Some non-Gopher links but worth reading...
- Jalen Rose is not happy about his Final Four banners not hanging in Crisler Arena. Get over it! If Michigan ever pulls their banners out of storage for vacated wins, Minnesota better do the same thing.
- Rick Majerus is an interesting, disgusting man.
- Blazer's Edge has a fascinating article and interview covering the long list of injuries that ended Greg Oden's career.
- Michigan State's Derrick Nix is having some off the court issues.