I'm back in town finally after getting to be down in New Orleans for the past several days. I had a fun trip where I ran into Charles Barkley, Dick Vitale, Mryon Medcalf and met Kansas incoming recruit Andrew White. It was an interesting trip.
Not a ton has happened in the world of Gopher sports but this is what I've been able to come up with for some quality Thursday morning links...
- The Tampa Bay Tribune profiles the passionate fan bases heading into the Frozen Four.
- Gophersports.com has video of the Gophers preparing for the Frozen Four.
- Spring Practice Central has an offensive line preview. Just go to the link, there are a ton of previews and videos. This is truly an outstanding landing spot for spring practice info, great job by the U's athletic communications crew.
- FBT attended spring practice and had some observations.
- Gopher Football announced some changes to the future non-conference schedule. Miami (Ohio) moves to 2016, at their request, and we get the Blue Raider of Middle Tennessee State again in 2014.
- Gopher Illustrated has 10 questions for Gopher basketball heading into next year. The bulk of the roster is returning but there are quite a few unknowns. Potential coaching staff changes, maybe a transfer coming in, maybe transfers out, maybe NBA defections and maybe a really good team on the floor next year!
- CBS has us as #22 in their ridiculously early top 25 for next year. Michigan is ranked rather high in this meaningless poll, but they have now lost Trey Burke to the NBA after his outstanding freshman season.
- Tim Brewster, you may remember his as a former tight ends coach, is preparing a Rugby star to play TE in the NFL. Hayden Smith has signed a deal with the Jets, best of luck to him.
- Tyler Bleszinski is the founder of SBN, it all started with Athletics Nation. He has this great interview with Billy Bean. I know this is not an A's blog or an MLB blog but it is an good interview for sports fans.