I'm guessing many of you have already seen this video as it is spreading quickly over social media. But just in case you don't use Facebook (lest you be stalked by random exes) or if Twitter both confuses and annoys you, I felt this needed to be posted here.
I give you........B1G mascots dancing to this summer's "it" song, the always catchy and impossible to get out of your head "Call Me Maybe".
Couple of thoughts:
1) Goldy, please talk to someone about getting better video equipment. I'm pretty sure you could have gotten better results with an old iPhone. Also, seeing Goldy with his shirt off just felt wrong.
2) Nebby did a very fine job casting their supporting roles.
3) It's a testament to the quality of the video (and my sad addiction to catchy pop tunes) that the presence of Bucky and Herky didn't make me vomit or close Firefox.
4) Boo Willie Wildcat and Purdue Pete (although I suppose you can forgive Pete since his school doesn't actually exist). Sippin' on Purple will not be calling Willie anytime soon in protest of his decision to sit this one out.
5) PSU's mascot is just...look, my HS used to have a ratty moth eaten red dog as it's mascot (we are the Lakers, lord knows what a dog had to do with that, it was the early 90's and somewhere mistakes were made). It was a horrible mascot costume. It is still far superior to the PSU Nittany Lion.
6) Lil' Red is just scary. That's what you'd see in The Children of the Corn if they had tried to fill one of the casting slots with an inflatable child.