The official schedule has not yet been released, but I am very impatient. So I started Googling other D1 programs that have released their 2012-13 schedules and I have found eight of the likely 13 non-conference games. The three tournament games over Thanksgiving, the BigTen/ACC Challenge game and then return game to USC were easy to find. But here is what I was able to ascertain...
- Nov-22 - Duke - Battle 4 Atlantis round 1.
- Nov-23 - VCU/Memphis - Either would be an interesting matchup.
- Nov-24 - Stanford/Missouri/Louisville/Northern Iowa - the last game of the B4A Tourney will be against one of these quality teams.
- Nov-27 - @Florida State - Big Ten/ACC Challenge
- Dec-1 - North Florida - Ospreys were 16-16 last season
- Dec-8 - @USC -They return everybody from a weak 2011-12 team.
- Dec-11 - North Dakota State - This is a pretty good Bison squad.
- Dec-22 - Lafayette - The Leopards have sophomore, Seth Hinrichs who played his high school ball at MACCRAY.
I am guessing that you will not see any other major conference teams on the schedule considering we play Duke, USC, Florida State and possibly one more in the Battle4Atlantis Tourney. NDSU will be a good mid or low-major team that might be an NCAA Tournament caliber team.
Even with five games yet to be announced that has the makings of a solid non-conference schedule. At least three, maybe four, BCS conference teams and at least one, maybe two, decent mid-majors. I'll do a more thorough schedule breakdown when we know the whole thing.
If anybody finds any that I am missing, let me know and I will update this list.