Spencer Reeves is taking advantage of his senior season and more broadly is taking advantage of being alive.
"It's definitely a reality check," Reeves said of the death of Tinsley, a linebacker like Reeves. "My whole mindset has changed. ... I know how hard Gary wanted me to fight, so that's also motivation for me."
That altered mindset has put Reeves, a senior, in position to see extensive action at outside linebacker after he made only eight tackles in 10 games last season. Reeves never really made a push to start, and he warmed the bench plenty last season, dropping off in production from his sophomore year. But this is a new year and a last chance.
Another great profile done by Phil Miller, be sure to use one of your 15 free clicks for the month on this one.
- 1500ESPN profiles Ed Olson. I really think we are going to see an outstanding year out of Olson.
- GopherSports.com profiles Keanon Cooper. I was expecting big things from Cooper this season but now it looks like he might not even start.
- Hammer and Rails published their Big Ten power rankings with a Breaking Bad twist.
Unbelievable that we were likened so someone names "Badger." You will rue the day, Boilermaker!#FAIL
- Gopher Basketball is one of Fran Fraschilla's five teams that will be under the radar to start the season but will be pushing the top 25 and NCAA Tournament.
I have been able to come across more non-Gopher related links today so here they are.
- The Twins are moving to FM next season with a new agreement with 96.3 KTWN. SHOCKING, the station is owned by the Pohlads.
- Here are six BCS basketball programs that have gone the longest without a player being drafted. Northwestern, Penn State and Nebraska all managed to make this distinctive list. Why would anyone go there? You tell me, Nick Fuller!
- Kentucky basketball is pursuing Tyus Jones. But they also just offered PG-Emmanuel Mudiay. Let us hope he commits to the Wildcats and that eliminates one power-school for Jones.
- Interesting look at 1992 Dream Team from the perspective of the Citadel basketball team, most of who were not born in 1992.