Troy Stoudermire is ready to win this season. Kickoff records will come, he should make our secondary much improved and he has really grown after sitting out most of last season.
"Getting hurt isn't good, but you know, it really helped me," said Stoudermire, who began his Gophers career in 2008 as a true freshman. "I got another chance to play another full year at corner and go through the spring and get all the stuff down that I needed to get down ... and it made me realize football could be over any day and I needed to have a Plan B. It really opened my eyes to my choices. It helped me realize that football is really important to me, but it's not the only thing that's important to me."
Down With Goldy thinks the Gophs may win more games than the Vikings. I think both will be improved and the Vikes might edge out the Gophers, but it should be close. Probably 10 wins for the Vikes and 9 for the Gophers, sounds about right to me!
- If you haven't already seen this, the Runnin Rebs have announced their starting QB for the Gopher game. Redshirt freshman NNick Sherry is getting the first set of snaps on Thursday night. Sherry is a former Colorado commit who transferred to UNLV.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal looks at the UNLV depth.
- A look at the running backs for UNLV. They return 98% of the rushing production from a year ago. So with a freshman QB and so much experience returning I would assume we can expect to see at lot of running the ball Thursday night (which is good because the game may go till 1:30 or 2:00 AM.
- Rebel's coach Bobby Hauck is pleased with the team's 11-day training camp in Ely (Nevada, not Minnesota).
- The Mountain West previews UNLV in their Countdown to Kickoff series.
Other Non-Gopher Stuff
- Florida State shooting guard, Michael Snaer says he is the nation's best shooting guard! Should make for a pretty good challenge for the Gophers I guess.