A beautiful Monday morning following another Gopher win (and a Vikings win and a Twins double-header sweep over Detroit). Did everyone wear their Gopher gear proudly around town yesterday? You should have, cause we are 4-0 baby!
But now it is HATE WEEK. Time to forget Syracuse, forget 4-0 and get ready to keep Floyd home!
- Maybe you didn't hear, but Iowa lost to Central Michigan on Saturday.
- Western Michigan, last week's Gopher victim, beat a Big East school. 30-24 over UConn and it was a last minute Husky touchdown to make it that close. At least one former opponent is doing something to make our non-conference schedule look a bit tougher.
- Nate Sandell breaks down the film from the Gopher win over Syracuse.
- Sandell also talks about the change in the Gopher's mentality.
- Projecting the Big Ten bowls, things are looking better for Minnesota. But we remained at #7 in the ESPN B1G power rankings.
- The Gopher defense earned an ESPN B1G Blog helmet sticker. In a totally unofficial tally, I think we have more helmet stickers through 4 weeks than we had all of last season.
- Northwestern basketball took a hit recently when JerShon Cobb went and got himself suspended for the season for unspecified team rule violations. The odds of extending their NCAA Tournament-less streak just got better.
- MINOR SPORTS link - Gopher cross country coach, Gary Wilson will be retiring at the end of this season. His replacement will be assistant coach, Sarah Hesser.
- A longtime Gopher Hockey season ticket holder was victimized by the new point system, but eventually things were worked out. Interesting read.
Finally...prepare yourselves for a big change coming to TDG tomorrow. The switch to the new blog is being made for tomorrow morning. Please bear with us through the change as it will be new for all of us.