The first Nugz of the year, and this is going to be a great year for Gopher sports. Book it.
First lets take a run through the Gopher links and what happened to the Big Ten schools yesterday. Bowl games are always hard for me because I want the Big Ten to represent but the hate inside me wants to see Wisconsin and Michigan lose.
But first, the Gopher links.
- Hey, remember that Gopher hoops win over Michigan State on Monday? MSU's SBN blog, The Only Colors thought it was a Barn-burner. Tom Izzo thought his team played well but fatigue set in down the stretch. I should have something on the win up later today.
- Jerry Palm's bracket predictions from last week have us as a 3-seed in a very favorable bracket. This is exactly the first weekend teams I would love to see.
- Jerry Kill accentuated the positives after the Gopher loss to Texas Tech.
- ESPN's best and worst of 2012 for Gopher football.
- Wisconsin, the Buffalo Bills of the Big Ten, lost in the Rose Bowl again. The good news for Badger fans is that they have participated in the Rose Bowl for three straight seasons but they can't seem to win it. So feel free to make fun of them. (video highlights)
- Michigan was seconds away from securing a win for the conference over an SEC team. But failed (video highlights).
- Northwestern actually went out and won a bowl game and it was over the SEC. Good for them.
- Tim Brewster talks the fundamentals of playing wide receiver, Big Ten perspective and whether or not there is a play in the book for 3rd and 49.