- The Gophers are back in the Top 10 for the first time since 1997.
- Luke Winn has the Gophers #7 in his latest Power Rankings.
- In case you missed it, Trevor shed his knee brace for the game versus MSU.
- A Gopher fan and Gopher Hole poster "Gopher6" took advantage of MSU's "Rock" and their Spartan statue to celebrate the Gopher's big win over the Spartans:
- In a move that should surprise no one, the Gophers men are now ranked #1 in both major polls following their blowout win over Boston College. That means both U hockey teams hold the top rank.
- Coach Lucia said that the team is hopeful that center Eric Haula will only be out 1-2 weeks and that he'll be back in time for the UND series. Roman notes that losing the Finn for any period of time will hurt. Russo has been hearing that it's a potential fracture in one of his fingers.
- In WJC news, the US blew out Canada 5-1 in a major upset.
- In case you missed it, here's the great Yahoo Sports story on Coach Kill and his epilepsy.
- The football complex continues to get facelifts:
- The Gophers took 4th in the Southern Scuffle, behind PSU, Okie State, and Missouri.
- If you weren't watching the Michigan bowl game then you missed the nastiest CFB I've ever seen. Jadveon Clowney is a beast.
- LSUFreak delivers a quality GIF interpretation of the event.
- Wisconsin fans didn't care for the Stanford Band making fun of cheese during their halftime show. They went to Twitter to prove it and the results were...quality.
Wisconsin band always keeps it classy. Stanford you look RETARTED.
And for those who were not aware, the Stanford band is weird.
- Everything you never wanted to know about the new lawsuit against the NCAA by the State of Pennsylvania.
- The Big East needs to hire better refs.
Referees allowed Marquette and UConn to face the wrong baskets for the opening tipoff of overtime, which resulted in Shabazz Napier attempting a layup on the incorrect goal and Golden Eagles defender Jamil Wilson goaltending in an effort to block it. Only after the possession was over did the referees realize their mistake, stop play and confer for several minutes in an effort to figure out how to handle the unusual situation.
What they decided was to wipe out the two points UConn would have received because it's not possible to goaltend on your own basket and to award the ball to Marquette since the possession arrow favored the Golden Eagles. Based on a close examination of the NCAA rulebook, however, that wasn't the appropriate ruling.
- INSANE HS DUNK #1. Can't embed, so you MUST click the link.
- The Texas A&M police escorts have new uni's for the Cotton Bowl.
- MLB teams are getting new batting caps.
- Guy surprises his Bama fan father with tickets to the MNC game.
- A collection of the best Sports Illustrated "Signs of the Apocalypse" from the past 20 years.
- Lane Kiffin in a sombrero. Yes, he is a tool.
- RA Dickey is insane:
- Tony Romo? He's not so good sometimes.
- Ahhh, Florida State fans. Never change.
- Mike Leach is co-authoring a book on the famous Apache warrior Geronimo.
- Some of the best GIFs from the CFB season: