Welcome to October and Michigan week. Time to move on past that Iowa debacle. Just like when a starter gets injured and it is time for "next man up", we move past last Saturday and move on to the next opponent. Should be a great opportunity to get back in the win column with Michigan right?
Fortunately due to something going on in DC, the Twins doing their thing and the Vikings getting a win; few are talking about the Iowa loss.
- Gopher football landed their first commitment in a few months by securing a verbal from Everett Williams.
- Richard Pitino got his first commitment of the 2014 class with Josh Martin. Zagsblog got this quote from an NYC recruiting expert.
"Talk abou t a guy who size, has frame and has athleticism," longtime New York recruiting expert Tom Konchalski told SNY.tv. "He's a man physically. He has a Big Ten body and he has athleticism to match and he can certainly rebound. I think he's a little raw offensively. He likes to step out and shoot the 3′s a little too much. But he has a Big Ten body, he's a Big Ten power forward.
- Minneapolis is submitting a bid to host the 2017 National Championship game. Should be a great opportunity to watch Berkley Edwards and Chris Streveer lead the Gophers in what will essentially be a home game for them.
- Gopher Hoops has begun practicing and Coach Pitino had this to say about the early practices.
- Coach Kill is standing by his decision to start and stick with Philip Nelson on Saturday.
Great first weekend. Our strengths are our shooting and our attitude. Still a long way to go.— Richard Pitino (@MNCoachPitino) September 29, 2013