Gopher basketball had their 2nd exhibition game of the season and final tuneup before Friday's first regular season game.
- Exhibition Game 1 vs. Cardinal-Stritch - box score - 57-79 win -
- Exhibition Game 2 vs. Concordia-St. Paul - box score - 67-101 win - 4 players in double-figures led by Maurice Walker (17) and Andre Hollins (16).
In both games we saw Malik Smith, Mo Walker and Joey King getting the most minutes off the bench with Wally Ellenson and Maverick Ahanmisi rounding out the top 10.
More Hoops Links
- Amelia's recap of the second exhibition win.
- Marcus also has a recap that focuses on Mo Walker.
- Detroit Free Press looks at the new coaches in the Big Ten.
- Land Grant-Holy War previews the Gophers. Predicts a 6-win Big Ten season. Clearly those guys know more about hockey than basketball.
Football and Others
- Great article on how coach Limegrover has changed up his offensive play-calling and game-planning since the Iowa debacle.
- Crimson Quarry has their recap of their loss to the Gophers.
- This came out last week over at SBNation.com and it laid out the nearly 1 in a millions chance of the Gophers still being able to win the Big Ten Legend's Division. 16 bullet points that all had to play out. Unfortunately the Nebraska hail-mary win over Northwestern sealed our fate.
- Off Tackle Empire has updated bowl projections and slots Minnesota in the Texas Bowl vs. Kansas State.
- Black Heart Gold Pants updates the Big Ten bowl picture and puts Minnesota in the Outback Bowl against LSU.
- OTE also makes fun of fan overreaction.
- A good article on the craze to find Pappy Van Winkle bourbon.
- I'm sure you have heard by now the Gophers will be sporting a new helmet this week to show military appreciation.