I've been thinking about changing up the Nugz a little bit to focus on something we don't usually focus on with analysis rather than a ton of links.
Today I'm going to give some love to Minnesota Volleyball who begins the NCAA Tournament this weekend as a 1st round host and a #10 overall seed in the 64 team tournament. If you are looking for something fun, relatively inexpensive and competitive this weekend you should buy tickets and to watch.
Date: Friday Dec 6th
Location: Sports Pavilion
Time: 6:00 pm
Gopher Volleyball finished with a 27-6 record and finished 3rd in the Big Ten. This is good enough to be ranked 10th in the final Coach's Poll and has them as the 10th overall seed in the NCAA Tournament (Bracket HERE).
First they will be facing Radford and will then likely face the winner of Iowa St vs. Colorado. On their side of the bracket their are likely on a collision course with 7th overall seeded Stanford and if they get to the Regional Final they'll likely be facing #2 Penn State.
Seniors Tori Dixon and Ashley Wittman were recently unanimous All-Big Ten selections with Hannah Tapp garnering All-Big Ten Freshman honors.
This program is very good and appears to be on a trajectory to continually be a national power under coach Hugh McCutcheon. McCutcheon, as you may know, was the USA Women's coach at the most recent Olympics and then took over at Minnesota. Best of luck to the Volleyball women this weekend as they look to advance through the 1st and 2nd rounds.
- Marcus looks at the Big Ten/ACC Challenge matchups.
- Star Tribune profile on Maurice Walker.
- ESPN Insider gives the Gopher Basketball early signing period class a B grade.
- Minnesota Volleyball - Gophers Have 3 Players Named To All-B1G Teams
- Minnesota Football - Bowl Selection or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Process
- All Big Ten Football Awards Announced, Gophers Well Represented
- Gophers Fail to Score Touchdowns, Fall to Spartans 14-3
- Auburn Beats Alabama: College Football Is The Best And I Wish The Season Would Never End