Jesse Johnson-USA TODAY Sports
I would have been surprised had he not won this week. Mbakwe's game against Indiana opened some eyes when he totally dominated a probably All-American. He then followed up that game with a 13 point and 13 rebound performance against Penn State.
- Posted two double-doubles, while shooting 73.7 percent from the floor, in a week that saw Minnesota defeat No. 1 Indiana and Penn State
- Scored a season-high 21 points in the win over the Hoosiers, corralling 12 rebounds with one block and one steal
- Finished with 13 points and 13 rebounds in his final home game against Penn State, bringing his career double-doubles total to 33
- Earns his second career Big Ten Player of the Week honor and first this season
- Last Minnesota Player of the Week: Andre Hollins (Nov. 26, 2012)
Things are looking up for Gopher basketball, at least it was a good week. Is Trevor back? Can we expect this kind of dominance and fortitude over the next couple weeks?