Gopher spring game links, new recruits for Gopher football, a quick scan of the
SEC NFL draft and an interesting AAU basketball matchup. Tons to get to on this Monday morning.
I want to highlight the AAU match-up over the weekend between Rashad Vaughn's Wisconsin Playground Elite team and Howard Pulley featuring Tyus Jones, Reid Travis and Jarvis Johnson. The game was a 1-point win for Howard Pulley. The big three all had double-doubles in what appears to have been a great game. Jones finished with 23 points, 10 assists and 7/16 shooting. Vaughn had 21 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists and 7/14 shooting. Reid Travis was not to be forgotten and he had 19 points, 10 boards and 7/15 shooting. I don't really need to reiterate how awesome it would be to have all of these guys in maroon and gold!
Jason Gonzalez has a really nice article on the big three and how Vaughn is trying to step out of the Jones shadowby making the decision to play his AAU ball in Wisconsin.
- First of all the SEC totally dominated the NFL draft this past weekend. Nearly 25% of the draft were SEC players.
- Team Speed Kills looks at why the SEC was so well represented.
- For thoughts on the Viking's draft, be sure to check out the Daily Norseman.
- Everyone's favorite former Gopher QB (well, not EVERYONE'S favorite, he's in Tampa) signed with San Francisco as an undrafted free agent. And Troy Stoudermire is getting a shot with the Bengals. And it looks like Michael Carter is getting a chance with the Vikings.
- Gopher football picked up 2 verbal commitments from this past weekend. Dimonic McKinzy is an athletic QBout of Kansas City who had offers from Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas. Matt already has up a SotS. Also committing was Steven Richardson out of Mt. Caramel in Chicago.
- Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor are still talking about going to the same school. Okafor says it has about a 99.9% chance of happening.
- Amelia checks in with Jarvis Jones, the 2015 local guard prospect you should all familiarize yourself with.
SPRING GAME LINKS
- GoAUpher has a quick recap with his thoughts.
- Star Tribune recap of spring game. Kill appreciated the tempo and effort.
- The Pioneer Press liked the overall event and called it a win for the program.
- The Minnesota Daily highlights the quarterbacks from Saturday.
- BTN's Tom Dienhart gives his thoughts of the Gopher game and thinks the offense is improving.