It is Alex Keith Day on TDG, at least long enough to post a picture of him in his number. Why? Because it is 91 days until Gopher Football kicks off the 2013 season.
One thing worth highlighting from the Gopher Softball squad is the All-American recognition for Kaitlyn Richardson. She is the first Gopher softball player to earn All-American honors since 1998! She is a sophomore, third baseman and should help the Gophers build on their successful 2013 season.
This past weekend was an EYBL event in Eagan so there are a ton of interviews and articles posted focusing on Rashad Vaughn, Tyus Jones and Reid Travis. In case you hadn't heard they are all from Minnesota, considering the Gophers and are all very highly ranked and sought after.
- Rashad Vaughn. Amelia Rayno interview, North Carolina blog profile and YouTube highlights.
- Tyus Jones. Minnesota Daily article, Amelia Rayno interview. Jones has long said that he and Jahlil Okafor will be attending school together. Okafor announced his trimmed down list recently and the Gophers are not on it.
- Reid Travis. Minnesota Daily article, Amelia Rayno interview and Rivals interview.
- Amelia also takes a look at whether an up-tempo style can succeed in the Big Ten without a collection of elite players.
- Wally Ellenson is thriving as a high jumper for the track team. Last weekend he qualified for the 2nd round of the NCAA Championship meet.
- Former Gator Kenny Boynton tells us that Richard Pitino was his "main guy."
- The Gophers are also pursuing Wisconsin guard, Sandy Cohen. He is an AAU teammate of Vaughn's and apparently is giving Pitino strong consideration. All signs point to him playing for Marquette, but maybe he and Vaughn will want to play together in The Barn.
- Sid has some Jerry Kill quotes. Once again Kill points out that we have a very young roster (didn't he mention this once or twice last year?). And it is true with likely only a couple seniors starting on offense and two or three on defense.
- Donnell Kirkwood is on a short list of backs who may crack 1,000 yards this season.
- Reddit looks at Gopher football.
- Which type of sports fan are you, and the answer might be all of them.
- And I'll leave you with this. I have always wanted to hear ESPN analysts talk about the VIP-ness of Johnny Manziel.