Tyler Hartman is #69 and I cannot find a picture of him so we'll just talk about him. He is currently listed as #69, but he is also listed as a FB so something has got to give. His twitter account has #43 as part of the handle so maybe we have solved the great mystery of what will Tyler Hartmann's number be.
This Andover product is also the product of parents were both Gopher athletes with his father playing baseball and his mother running cross-country. After a season ending injury during his senior year he chose a walk-on opportunity with the Gophers over interest from FCS schools and DII schools. Best of luck to the young man who may very well see the field this fall as a FB in the Maryland-I.
- So Rashad Vaughn is going to a prep school after all. This likely really hurts the Gopher's chances of landing the local product, but he hasn't announced his decision yet. You can read about the prep school decision at the Pioneer Press, Star Tribune, NBC's College Basketball Talk and hear the reaction from Cooper's coach here.
- ESPN Recruiting looks around the Big Ten. Their bold prediction is that Tyus Jones decides to choose the Gophers over Duke.
- Gopher Illustrated has a good interview with Reid Travis.
- ESPN's Bennett has his future power rankings of Big Ten football. Kind of an odd concept. He has the Gophers 9th (out of 14). I could see an argument for being higher but the Gopher schedule in 2014 and 2015 is brutal. On the other hand his argument that we haven't won a Big Ten title since 1967 really has no bearing on anything unless you are arguing why they don't belong at #1.
- Rittenberg wonders if the Big Ten should reconsider their ban on FCS games.
- Local Texas news station reports on the Gopher verbal from Connor Mayes (with video).
- Gopher Volleyball gets a Baylor transfer. Adrianna Nora was a Big 12 All-Freshman recipient, had a solid sophomore season and is returning to her native Minnesota for her final two years of eligibility.
- GopherSports has an offensive line preview.