We have added a contributor! Many may know the legend of Elliot Mann who formerly contributed with Matt over at FBT. Elliot isn't quite ready to jump into the blogging with both feet, but he is going to join us with infrequent long-form posts discussing whatever tickles his fancy. Unlike the rest of us hacks, Elliot has some actual journalism training and experience. Moving from actually working at a newspaper at one point in his career to blogging out of his mom's basement is something he has always dreamed of (at least that is my assumption). He also has signed a waiver acknowledging that Adam Weber was not only the greatest Golden Gopher ever, but maybe the best QB the Big Ten has ever seen.
But seriously this is really a great addition to the site and all of us are very excited. Adding writers lightens the load of getting content out, but that is not what is behind this addition. This is about adding quality over quantity. Everybody say "Hi!" to Elliot, who goes by the handle, PuckettWept.
Back to you regularly schedule programming.
Today is Jon Christenson Day...as in 63 days until Gopher Football! Unfortunately I cannot find a pic of JC, instead I'll give you the backside of the Gopher OL!
- Local shooting guard, and 4th best basketball player in the state, J.P. Macura visited the Gophers yesterday. His scholarship list is dramatically growing and I think it is just a matter of time before the Gophers get in line.
- GopherSports.com looks at the Gopher defensive backfield.
- It never hurts to keep an eye on the Big Ten, Maize n Brew looks at the Michigan OL in a very nicely done preview.
- Sticking with a short Michigan theme, MGO previews the Gophers.
- Scoggins has a big article on the ever-shrinking Mo Walker. I had basically written him off, now I'm kind of excited to see how he contributes this year.
- From the NBA...The Grizzlies hired Dave Joerger as their new head coach. Joerger is "one-of-us" having played his high school ball at Staples-Motley (Go Cardinals!).
- In case you missed it, the USA Today previewed the Gophers and had some very kind words regarding TDG. Previously I only read the USA Today if I was staying at a hotel and they put it in front of my door, now I just bought 2 print subscriptions!
- Black Shoe Diaries has a comprehensive look around Big Ten Recruiting.