13 days till 2013 Gopher Football! Less than 2 weeks my friends and we'll be under the TCF Bank Stadium lights running over the Running Rebels with Golden-I!
Derrick Wells will be one of our key defensive players and you may recall that he had a pretty good game at UNLV last year earning national Defensive Player of the Week honors for his 2 picks.
Let's get to some short Nugz...
- Nate Sandell has plenty of notes from yesterday's practice. Jalen Myrick is a true freshman getting more buzz and may be called upon to play in the secondary this year.
- Fuller has a ton of notes where he also highlights Jalen Myrick.
- Joe Christensen also has notes to share following the Gopher's 2nd scrimmage (that was not open to the press/public). He highlights Nelson who has separated himself at QB1.
- After yesterday's scrimmage the offense is ahead of the defense.
- Philip Nelson has finally settled into the lead QB again after his lightbulb moment.
- Joe Christensen features Jon Christenson who is taking over the C spot and has given up social mediafor the season.
- Don't forget about Long Snapper Jake Filkins.
- Gophers are feeling good about their progress heading into 2013.
- And the 12 greatest days of the year. Hopefully 13.
- Land-Grant Holy Land looks at overrated and underrated teams/stories heading into football. Nothing about the Gophers here but a good read.
- 12 Questions for the B1G.
- ICYMI, Gopher football has joined the iPad revolution.
On to Hoops
- Rashad Vaughn's master plan? Prep school in 2013-14, college in 2014-15, NBA in 2015-16. Vaughn continues to say that Minnesota has a chance.
- Reid Travis is dropping football and other recruiting notes from Amelia.
- This is a cool story with only a minimal Gopher relation. Rick Pitino hired Mike Balado who nearly came to Minnesota with Richard. But things sort of fell apart and he went from a small D1 assistant, to unemployed, to a D2 assistant making less than $20,000, to getting hired at Louisville for 10 times that. Cool story and you should read it.
- Gopher Volleyball is ranked #6 in the country heading into their season.
- Goldy gets recognized by SI.com as the 25th best mascot. Idiots don't know a good thing then they set it. Did you know Goldy has a profile on gophersport.com?
Gopher Footbal Brick by Brick!
More from The Daily Gopher:
- Projected Golden Gopher Football 2-Deep
- Gopher Football Preview: Tight Ends Upgrade or Downgrade
- Gopher Football: Meme Madness - THE FINALS ARE HERE!
- Minnesota Gopher Football: A look at Saturday's scrimmage through very Maroon colored glasses
- Gopher Football: I'm Proud Of Coach Kill For Opening Up About His Epilepsy
- Gopher Football, Can Jerry Kill Get a Signature Win in 2013?