GoAUpher: Bumping because ALL OF THE DETAILS WE'D BEEN WAITING FOR plus great topic for a first FanPost.
This year there is a new option for a student tailgating lot! Below are the details sent to student ticket holders. I think this is going to be a great thing for improving the student experience and should improve fan attendance and enthusiasm! Thoughts?! I like the move but does anyone oppose it?
University of Minnesota Students,
Golden Gopher Football will kick-off the 2013 season, taking on UNLV under the lights at TCF Bank Stadium Thursday, August 29 at 6 p.m. Gopher Sports announced last week that this season there will be a new student tailgate parking lot, dedicated for students at each and every home game. The purpose of the student tailgate lot is to allow all U of M students to be a part of and enhance the game day atmosphere both outside and inside the stadium.
The student tailgate lot is located across from the student entrance at TCF Bank Stadium. Please click here to see a map. While all students are welcome to the student tailgate lot, ONLY football season ticket holders will have the opportunity to purchase a parking pass. To purchase student season tickets, click here.
Cost and How to Purchase
- Parking passes will go on sale Monday, August 19 at 1:00 p.m.
- Reserved Space Season Pass: $50
- Reserved Space Single-game Pass: $10 (if available)
- Must be a student season ticket holder to purchase.
- Only one (1) parking pass per student.
- All reservations will be made online at MyGopherSports.com/students.
- Students must log on to their account with their username and password.
- If you do not know your username and password contact Fan Relations at 624-8080 and select Option 2.
- Students will pick up the parking pass at the Ticket Office in Mariucci Arena.
- A limited number of parking passes are available and will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis beginning Monday, August 19 at 1 p.m.
Student Tailgate Lot Policies/Expectations
- Please click here for the complete Student Tailgate Lot Polices/Expectations.
- Underage drinking is a criminal misdemeanor.
- Distribution to minors can be a criminal misdemeanor or greater offense.
- Fans 21 and older who choose to consume alcohol must obtain a wrist band at the entrance to the lot to identify their status.
- Hard alcohol (distilled spirits) is NOT permitted.
- All cars must be parked 90 minutes prior to kick-off.
- The lot will close down approximately 30 minutes prior to kick-off, with the marching band’s playing of The Rouser signaling the lot closing down.
Editors of The Daily Gopher retain the right to remove posts deemed excessively offensive or grossly inappropriate. Keep it clean and don't be mean.