By now you've read most of the game recaps and hopefully you've gotten over the nausea caused by Aggie Vision. The student run TV crew took quite a beating on the Twitters during the game and, outside of the game, it ended up being one of the more fun narratives of the night.
This "Aggievision" isn't even SD. Reminds me of watching high school games on public access in the 80s.
This "Aggievision" isn't even SD. Reminds me of watching high school games on public access in the 80s.— Stephen M. (@packer_hawk) September 8, 2013
- Sid thinks the pass defense needs to improve, you guys. Also, things have been sort of quiet on the fundraising front since the $190m plan came out, and this tidbit, also from Sid, isn't the end of the world, but certainly isn't great news.
Apparently millionaire T. Denny Sanford lost interest in contributing to the Gophers athletic program when the University of Minnesota administration killed any chance of Sanford's giant medical group merging with the Fairview Health System. But while Gophers football coach Jerry Kill won't talk about his relations with Sanford, the word from a good source is that Sanford still has contact with Kill, and if he contributes to the school's $190 million campaign for athletic practice facilities, it will be only to aid the university football program.
- The injury bug hit the Gophers again in Week 2, this time it was on the defensive side of the ball as Alex Keith injured (and potentially broke) his hand, and Briean Boddy-Calhoun banged up his knee.
- Marcus thinks PN9 is being asked to run too much. I tend to agree.
- Marcus also mentions in his notes that Maxx Williams was carted off the field in the 2nd quarter because of dehydration. I had totally missed that during the game.
- They say that the most progress of any football season is made between Weeks 1 & 2. That pearl of wisdom appears to hold true for people under 21 attending BADger football games.
- People are jumping off of Indiana's jock already, and Rittenberg and Bennett now think they won't make a bowl game, while they've now got the Gophers going to the BWW Bowl.
- Next week's opponent, the Western Illinois Leathernecks (!) have given up just 15 points so far this season to their opponents Hampton and someone named Quincy.
- Week 4 Opponent San Jose State was beat by Stanford this weekend and was held to just 35 total yards rushing.
- Chad, over at OTE, thinks Jerry Kill is going to get his signature upset this year.
- If you haven't seen the photobomb by two creepy dudes on Erin Andrews, go see it now. You're going to see that bearded dude in your dreams. /shudders
- Dienhart gives the Gophers an A, and thinks they could be on their way to a 5-0 start.
- Marcus Jones' Punt Return TD made BTN's top plays of the weekend and tweets from a couple of former Gophers are featured reactions.