Lot of stuff we could get to today, I'll go with a couple main themes.
- Michigan thinks they are getting closer to stealing Jeff Jones. The new offensive coordinator hire is helping their cause.
- Touch The Banner gives their analysis of Jones and also thinks the hiring of Doug Nussmeier will be enough to get Michigan to flip Jones.
- Melvin Holland Jr, the Virginia wide receiver, is visiting this weekend.
- Richard Pitino Blog is back online with some brief thoughts on each of the first three Big Ten games. The common theme I saw in his criticisms all seemed to be around shot selection at critical times or at the very least poor offensive decisions. What was bad, according to Coach Pitino? Michigan: "Shot Selection!" Purdue: "We used poor clock management when we had the lead." This was a couple of very quick threes that lead to fast-break points for Purdue. Michigan State: "Offensively we got away from throwing the ball inside. These mistakes will catch up to you against an opponent like Michigan State." I read that as we took some ill-advised threes rather than get the ball inside. Three-point shots are great, but getting them from inside-out or from the context of the offense rather than a quick one is MUCH better.
- The Only Colors (Mich St's SBN blog) breaks down each team's chances of winning the Big Ten. The Gopher's average wins in his simulations are somewhere in the 8 or 9 range; right where we need to be.
- (from last week) BT Powerhouse profiles Deandre Mathieu and his quick impact on the Gophers.
- Men's Swimming and Diving is getting into the latter part of their season but Daryl Turner is having a very nice freshman season. The kid won his 4th Big Ten Freshman of the Week award last week. Note that Friday, January 24th is the team's "Pack the Pool" event where they want to sell a lot of tickets.
- The Women's Swimming and Diving team is currently undefeated.
- Gopher Wrestling defeated Wisconsin. The grapplers are 6-0 on the season and ranked #2 in the country.
- Get to know Kylie Shermann, senior on the Women's Gymnastics team.
- B1G Hockey: Three Series In
- Minnesota Hockey: Gophers vs Ohio State - TV Schedule, Online Streaming, and Other Info
- Gopher Hockey: The Daily Gopher Adds a Hockey Writer
- Minnesota Basketball: Gophers vs. Ohio State - TV Schedule, Odds, Online Streaming and Other Info
- Minnesota Football: Looking Back at the Seniors and Ahead to 2014- Offense