Opponent: Wisconsin Badgers
When and Where: Wed, Jan 22nd; 8 PM CST; Williams Arena, Minneapolis, MN
TV: Big Ten Network
Radio: ESPN 1500. You can also listen to the game via the ESPN1500 app for your mobile device.
Internet: BTN2Go for your computer or mobile device.
Line: Minnesota is a 1 point underdog as of 5pm CST on Tuesday.
16-2 (3-2), good enough for a tie for 4th in the B1G right now.
"Is Wisconsin for real?" That's the sort of question I heard a lot from non-UW fans recently as the Badgers rose to #3 in the polls. The last two losses would suggest the answer is "No" if for real means a conference title contender. Finishing atop the table is not out of the question and neither Indiana (on the road) or Michigan (home) are terrible losses. But the back to back stumbles (especially to Indiana) took away any aura of dominance the Badgers were carrying and brought them back to simply being a really good Big Ten team.
1) I don't expect a lot of turnovers from Wisconsin. Oddly enough given the fact I live in Madison, I haven't seen the Badgers play much yet. So I can't say whether or not their high rankings in terms of protecting the ball come from strong play or a lack of teams pushing the issue with a press or trap (tune in tomorrow for B5Q writers take - hint, he hopes we don't press). Even if it's the latter and the Gophers have more success than I am expecting, turnovers alone are not going to seal a victory.
2) Stop falling apart for long stretches. At Michigan State it was that brickfest stretch in the 2nd half. Against Iowa it was pretty much the entire last 21 minutes of the game across all facets of play. The Gophers can survive runs against better teams but they have yet to show they can survive a drought.
3) Enjoy it. I'm looking forward to another night where The Barn looks and sounds and feels like The Barn. Also, I want to see Bo's face when the Badgers lose. Please make that happen for me Gophers.
- The Daily Gopher Adds Yet Another Staff Member
- The Daily Gopher Adds A "Breaking News" Guy
- Minnesota Football: Andre McDonald Transferring to UW-River Falls
- Minnesota Dance Team: Gophers Win 5th Straight Pair Of National Titles
- Golden Nugz - 01.21.14 - Basketball Recruits, 2014 Big Ten Football and Richard Pitino