The weekend is here and it is almost going to be nice out, I guess we should just be thankful that it won't be snowing. A few Nugz to get you through the Friday workday.
I will lead with Bill Connlly's preview of the the 2014 Gopher Football team. This is just great stuff from one of SB Nation's best writers.
In Kill's second season, Minnesota went from bad to mediocre.
In his third, the Gophers went from mediocre to solid.
And with exciting youth and a seasoned line on offense, along with one of the conference's better pass rushers and secondaries on defense, they could be poised for a third straight year of measurable improvement. What does that mean for the win-loss record? Not sure.
There are a lot of advanced stats and a mention of the golden years of Gopher QBs, aka the Adam Weber glory days. If you read only one link from today's Nugz, this is the one to read.
- Gopher baseball is at Indiana to face the Big Ten's best baseball team. But it was the Gophers who won game one 2-1 in 10 innings. Connor Schaefbauer knocked in Dan Motl twice with run-scoring doubles in the 3rd and 10th innings. That was enough as Alex Crawford and Dalton Sawyer combined to pitch 10 innings allowing just one run and four hits to the Hoosiers.
- Aaron Hill has signed as an undrafted free agent with the Rams.
- Michael Carter is getting another shot to make an NFL roster with the Bills.
- Gopher Softball is hosting an NCAA Regional as a reward for their outstanding season. Games begin today.
- SBN's Indiana site, Crimson & Quarry did a Q&A with me about Gopher baseball and some general Gopher athletics stuff.
- The Saturday Edge also requested a Q&A with me regarding Gopher football 2014.
Have a good weekend.