Today is Thursday. In just two days, the Gophers will line up for the final time in the Metrodome. So before we let the week get away from us with all of the strangeness hubub surrounding the "Hate Bowl," let's rehash some of our most distinct memories of the Minnesota Gophers football era in the Metrodome.
What will you miss? A certain vendor perhaps? A specific sports bar after the game? Your favorite tailgating spot? The knee injuries to the players? There's gotta be something!
This Pioneer Press article sure makes it sound like Tim Brewster is beyond happy that Saturday will be the team's last game inside the Dome.
- It would seem some commenters at Kent Youngblood's blog--which he doesn't seem too excited to put together--get after eachother on occasion. Well, Youngblood has just scolded them! Fun, fun! And thank all of you for being on your best behavior, even during Hate Week with Iowa!
- The Associated Press has a roundup of early signings in college basketball and the Gophers make the list of classes that include Memphis, UCLA, Tennessee and other traditional powers. So awesome. Todd Lickliter wasn't mentioned!
- A reporter for The Daily Iowan tells us how important this game is Saturday for the Hawkeyes. I'm thinking the Champs Sports Bowl is in Kirk Ferentz' future.
- The high school basketball season is around the corner and Royce White's team is raenked #22 in the country according to USA Today. You could catch their opener against Minneapolis Henry on Dec. 9.
- From Charley Walters: "Gophers football recruiting visits this weekend: defensive backs Daryl Robinson of West Hills (Calif.) junior college, as well as preps Kevin Watkins of Detroit and Demontre Hurst of Dallas; offensive lineman Taylor Lewan of Phoenix; and linebacker Jeremy Gainer of Detroit."
- With their #1 ranking, the Gophers men's hockey team heads to Denver this weekend for a matchup with the Pioneers. Cardinal at Gopher Puck Live has an early preview.