As Corn Nation reports, Nate Swift grabbed five balls for 121 yards and two scores this past weekend against Western Michigan to put him fourth in Nebraska history in receptions (108), fourth in touchdowns (14) and tied with Irving Fryar for second in 100 yard games with five. A Hutchinson High School grad, Swift wasn't heavily recuruited.
He'd look awfully nice now lining up alongside Eric Decker.
- Duane Bennett is getting his just deserts for his game-saving run against Northern Illinois.
- The Minnesota Daily reports that women's basketball coach Pam Borton has inked a 6-year contract extension.
- The Daily also reports that season ticket sales for Minnesota football are up 5 percent this year.
- If you enjoyed watching the Big Ten Network's "The Journey" on Minnesota basketball with Tubby Smith last year, you can now own it on DVD. This was an OK way to waste a half hour or so, but I wouldn't recommend shelling out your money.
- Royce White will visit The U this weekend along with Chicago-area point guard Darius Miller Smith. White has already committed to attend Minnesota.