Many of you may not care one bit about the NBA and we all know the Timberwolves are going to be terrible. But the boys over at Canis Hoopus scored a MAJOR coup by getting Britt Robson to be doing some writing for them. Britt is very well respected and knows his basketball. All of this to say, he wrote a great season preview for CanisHoopus yesterday and it is worth a read. Oh and the Wolves outscored the Nets 31-15 in the 4th quarter and are 1-0!
Back to our regularly scheduled programming...
- Donnie Puck provides a defense of Tim Brewster. It is interesting to me how so many have gone off the edge after the last two weeks. They were ugly losses, there is plenty of room for criticism but this is a decent defense of keeping him around a little longer.
- Ultimately it doesn't matter what most of us think. If there are any major donors to the U's athletic department reading this, you may have a say in this. But Maturi appears to be a patient man.
- I find this list rather interesting. It is the circulation numbers of top 25 newspapers in the country. The Star Tribune has the 14th highest circulation in the country, ahead of papers like the Chicago Sun-Times, The Boston Globe, The Detroit Free Press and The San Francisco Chronicle.
- Rush the Court lists the Gopher/Purdue basketball game as one of the top 65 games of the upcoming season. I'm looking forward to the Butler game and the Michigan State games ahead of that one but it will be a lot of fun as well.
- Gary Parish has a feature on Butler. This is a very good team who, like the Gophers, return everybody from last year's NCAA Tournament team.